ZING ..... the "Energizer Bunny"
These pages provide information on the current and previous
versions of the ZING utility software, features introduced and problems cleared. If you
wish to report a problem please use the Problem Reporting page.
- ENH: ZING now allows users to read their
Time of Day configuration.
- ENH: ZING now allows users to temporarily
change their Time of Day configuration e.g. to enable additional hours
to be used at a time when the router would prevent this.
- ENH: Revamped ZING window format with new soft buttons
- ENH: Network Probes will now run to a nominated Target IP
address (total of 19 hops allowed).
- ENH: Tools Tips now give information about each field or
- ENH: Tool Tips give information about the IP address and
performance of each router hop and the 'Gas Gauges'
- ENH: User connection statistics of Time connected, Bytes In
and Out, Packets In and Out may now be displayed and reset (after being written to the
log) by the user.
- ENH: Errors which would result in a message requiring a user
response are now written to the log cache (and the log if operational).
- ENH: A New Sliding Window provides statistical information
over the long and short term about Network and Router performance.
- ENH: A single window now displays all information about the
router's current status.
- ENH: ZING now incorporated ZyFIND technology to find any
Routers connected to the Local LAN
- BUG: When running in the System Tray or the Task Bar Zing's
icon was not always corrected updated.
or new feature in this release.
BUG: Bug cleared
in this release.